Wednesday, July 3, 2013

a postcard

 

                      This is a postcard that I sent to friends from NY in 2002 and they framed it.

               In 2002, I moved to NY and had sublet my friend's apt in Park Slope, Brooklyn                       for a month. What I wanted to do first was sending a postcard to my friends in Tokyo.
              I know it's only 11years ago, but setting computer and sending e-mail were not easy
                  like nowadays, at least for me, and sending a postcard with nice design stamps
                                                   from abroad makes people always happy anyway.

                                   I was wandering that area and found Barnes and Noble.
                           They had nice selection of postcards. I chose the one. I just liked it.
                   Starbucks was in the store, so I got a cup of latte and stayed there for a while
                                  to write down the card that I had gotten NY safely, blah blah.
            My English skill was totally awful. I didn't study English before moving there at all
                and I couldn't even catch the sound of difference between English and Spanish.
                                        Even ordering coffee made me nervous that time.
                       
                            Sometimes, all of a sudden, memories in NY come rushing back.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment